Wednesday, January 11, 2017

What Do You Believe?

I am going to write more later, but I wanted to share this Matthew West song, "Hello My Name Is" with you.  Even if you're not a Christian, I think you can relate to the first two stanzas in particular. Just take a moment to read the lyrics and listen to the song.  I think most people know a little something about regret and defeat.

https://play.google.com/music/preview/T62y2ricbnrvjk44c5godl3r5by?lyrics=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=lyrics&pcampaignid=kp-lyrics&u=0#

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuJWQzjfU3o

It ties in with the chapter I'm reading too and that old quote - whether you believe you can or can't - you're right.  Do you believe if you fail, you'll never get back up again or that YOU are a failure?  Do you believe you've made so many mistakes that you cannot possibly win or get it right?  Maybe you're like me - you've had an awful lot of experiences (some good, some not) and you've made some life-altering choices that you think...if I could only go back to this age or that and make a different choice or take a new path...maybe things would be different.  WELL - to heck with that people.  Start where you are.  You've got control and you can change.  I am changing and I BELIEVE it can only go up from here - no matter what - I'm going to continue on my journey to being a more positive, optimistic (gasp), encouraging, and fulfilled person.  I'm going to make my dreams come true and I'm going to enjoy the process along the way.  The journey has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment