Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Challenges and Triumphs

Today had some ups and downs. 

Challenges:  Woke up tired, complained about three or four times before even getting out the door, was irritated with traffic and all the folks back to work today on the road, was later to work than yesterday and another day of rain. Another day of standardized testing for an hour and half - for 2nd graders - and cutting into my entire afternoon - so very little teaching actually happened today. Kids were loud and off because the whole day was off scheduling-wise, etc. I complained at least four or five times at work - and although I knew I was doing it...I just felt like I was gonna lose it a little if I didn't get it out.  Bills and money woes and conversations about babies (and our lack thereof) which made me feel sad, inadequate and a little bit jealous.  I need to take more time in the morning to set the intention, pray, and breathe.

Triumphs:  My kids made me laugh a lot, got a lot of hugs, one of my sweet girls asked if she could read to me and she did awesome, and I loved watching and listening to a group of my girls as they played "school" and pretended to be the teacher (surprisingly and happily - they depicted me very nicely and said things like, "oh sweetie, and oh no, let me help you, etc.") it was highly entertaining. Left work on time, got a call from hubby who did some more grocery shopping for us and already had a plan for dinner.

This week at some point, I plan to pick up where I left off in the Tony Robbins book and start waking up that giant.  

Overall - I'd say Day 2 was pretty good! 



No comments:

Post a Comment