Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year 2017

Happy New Year!  I am feeling more optimistic in this year than I ever have in past years.  In the past, I have not been an optimistic person.  I've always considered myself a "realist"  ... but this year, I want to become an optimist. I want to become a positive thinker.  I want to become a person who genuinely wishes others well and believes that good things happen.  I'm ready for success.  I'm ready to accomplish my goals and actualize my dreams.  I'm ready to stop focusing on what I don't have and haven't done and blah blah blah.  I'm ready for something NEW!  I'm ready for a break-through. I believe that this journey must begin with me learning to love myself...to believe that I deserve to accomplish my goals, that I deserve good things and to be truly happy within myself.  I need to believe in myself and that I am good enough.  I feel that this is the first step in the process of changing my life.  SO thee question for me is :  HOW does one go about loving themselves?

I've re-started this blog to hold myself accountable, help others along the way and document my journey.

I do not believe in coincidences.  A year ago - I saved this article:
 http://www.evelynlim.com/how-to-love-yourself-in-17-ways/  (which seems to have been published a long time ago) and I came across it when I was looking through my notes, while trying to decide what to blog about!  I think this will be a powerful resource.    

I've been reading this book by Tony Robbins. "Awaken the Giant Within". I've got to be honest, I started reading it last year and then somewhere along the way got "too busy" and quit.  I started reading it again over Christmas break...and I've decided I want to stick with it.   I believe this book will also be a helpful tool.  

So let the voyage begin!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome beginning Sara. I've read that book , great book !!!
    Looking fwd to following your blog . Love you to pieces !

    ReplyDelete