Monday, January 2, 2017

Day 1 - Back to Work

Today was a success!  I set my intention in writing before I left the house (I typed it on my notes section of my iPhone): Do not complain and think positively about myself.  It worked!  I was very mindful of the way I spoke and I pushed out any negative thoughts I had about myself.  I complained about three times, but every time I caught myself.  That was an empowering feeling - to feel like I had control.  It really showed too - many people thought I was just happy from vacation and feeling rested (which is definitely true) but I was happier on the inside. I didn't allow the things that others did or said to bother me as I have in the past - I was focused on my goal. Even one of my students remarked to me - you seem happy today, Mrs. Tate! Win!

Confession - I had trouble sleeping and a lot of anxiety last night and this morning.  I woke up thinking about the blog and doubting myself, feeling all these negative things about myself and about my dreams and abilities.  I was trying to self-sabotage before the day began...BUT...the still, small voice in my heart won and I chose to listen to her instead.  I made a decision, set my intention, and told a couple close friends of my intention for the day...and I did it.  The key was being mindful and purposeful - paying close attention to my words and thoughts.

I came home, kissed my husband, worked out and now I'm writing.

This is a beautiful beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment