Saturday, January 14, 2017

Climbing Mountains





http://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?ref=/sltrib/news/53763936-78/masheter-lake-salt-carol.html.csp


To sum up the above article: Carol Masheter at age 50 "...when life dealt her multiple blows — over a period of about 18 months, her sister became ill, Masheter lost her job as a university professor, her mother died and the man she loved left for someone else — started climbing.
That was in 1997, in South America. 'I was discovering my talents rather late in life,' she said. And they weren't knitting or playing bridge."  She climbed Mt. Everest at age 65! Talk about an inspiration!
I had a conversation tonight with my brother-in-law, whom I love very much and brings so much joy and laughter to my life. Not to mention, he and my sister made two of my favorite human beings on this planet (my niece and nephew). We've had a lot of moments and we've butted heads more than once, but like any good, real relationship - we grew - and I think we're closer now because of it.  Tonight he posed the question to me - What do you hope to do with the blog? Ultimately, I want to spread love, to create, to inspire others and to make a career of my writing (a dream I've had since 3rd grade when I wrote my first book).  I've always been too scared to try.  I've always feared rejection and what others would say or think.  No more.  

In the conversation it was brought up about my age and maybe it's too late in the game to start something like this, etc.  I said, "It's too late when I'm dead."  As long as I'm living, it's not too late to make my dreams come true.  There are a ton of stories out there of folks who never gave up - nothing stood in their way- not their age, sex, race, lack of money, lack of education, their background, a disability, not their circumstances, not their pain, NOTHING ...where there is a will, there is a way.  Where there is passion, belief, willingness to work and the drive...there is someone who can make anything they want a reality.  This reminds of this great quote: “Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn’t Work Hard” -Tim Notke  

Brings me back to yesterday's post: YOU CAN DO ANYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment