Thursday, January 12, 2017

Let's Try This Again...

Not much sleep and back to work after three snow days kinda messes with my creativity and my writer's hand, but here goes!

I read over my empowering and disempowering beliefs that I wrote and I wrote them down again and I did it differently this time.  I wrote down three empowering and three disempowering beliefs and now I've got to focus on the empowering beliefs and reshape or even just discard the disempowering ones. Good ones like: "If you work hard enough, then you can achieve anything" need to have focus and be bolstered!

Example of a disempowering belief:  "People cannot be trusted."  Ok, well SOME people cannot be trusted, but give folks a chance first.  Let's see if they can be trusted, give them time, give them the benefit of the doubt.  Don't be afraid to be open, honest, and your real self.  After all, that's all you've got really and why not get right to the heart of the matter - if they don't like the real you - then why waste time or energy on forming a friendship/relationship etc?  If someone consistently behaves in a way that proves to be untrustworthy - wish them well and keep it moving - do not give them energy, time or a second thought.  You can love everyone, but you don't have to be everyone's BFF, nor should you, if you're being authentic.

I found this exercise challenging, but it was good because it pointed out some beliefs that I am holding that are truly holding me back.  It's time to let those go and get a laser-beam focus on goals and what I truly want for my life.  It's time to focus on the positive and my incredible blessings and all that is going right!  There's so much good.  

Today - what is going right with you?  What are the positive things you can focus on in your day, week, month, year...life? What beliefs do you have that are holding you back from your success? What are the beliefs that you need to focus on and expound on?  I encourage you to write them down and start focusing on the EMPOWERING beliefs!






No comments:

Post a Comment