Monday, January 23, 2017

Acupuncture and Healing



I've been taking a break for a few days now because I've been sick both physically and emotionally. I went to work for four days very sick - all the kids were worried about me and asking me if I was ok and hugging me - it was so sweet to see how much they care for me.  They mean so much to me and I pray that they feel that. It's hard to take time off when you're a teacher, particularly because you do feel guilty leaving your kids with someone else, because you worry about their learning and what will get done and what you will come back to, you worry about getting behind, etc. etc. etc.  Worry is a wasted emotion and going to work sick is probably not nearly as productive and better to take a day off than to fight through and just "function" rather than rock it out. 

There were also some really hard emotional setbacks the past few days. I've been badly bent this week in many ways, but not broken. It was good that these things happened though because it brought me back into focus, it was a painful reminder that I am human and not superwoman and that yes, there is still healing to be done.  It was a little tap on the shoulder saying - hey - you cannot do this alone and you cannot do this just by thinking it away or by praying it away - it will require thoughts, prayers and ACTIONS.  
And so I find myself back to the laser-beam focus again of what I wanted to come back to (and the intention of this blog) learning to love myself.  

How will I go about creating, cultivating and continuously nurturing this self-love and actualizing my dreams?

One major way I'm going to be loving myself is doing what is good and right for my body and mind. Starting in February I'll be going to acupuncture regularly.  Starting with two times a week for eight weeks, moving to once a week and so on and so on.  I'll also be taking supplements and working with the doctor on how to maximize my health and well-being.  A huge part of loving myself is believing I deserve a happier, healthier life.  I am good and worthy of good things.  It will take some financial sacrifice and it's a time commitment, but I believe it will be worth it.  Acupuncture has proven very effective for me in many ways - and that's with only three sessions - the main thing that it does for me is - it calms me and brings me a sense of peace in my body and my mind. I noticed also, that it helped me with digestion and shoulder and neck pain/tightness - at least immediately following the sessions - the effects usually lasted about two days after the session.  

There's something spiritual about acupuncture that I cannot quite put my finger on - and neither can medical science - but it's there. I cannot wait to see what it will do long-term!  

Here's a good article:  http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/features/acupuncture-pain-killer#1




No comments:

Post a Comment