Friday, January 27, 2017

Never Give Up!



Some time ago my school had an "anti-bullying" assembly and they had this woman who was sort of a motivational speaker, magician, and all-around entertaining person.  The lady offered some really great words of wisdom for the kids and it really has stuck with them (I know because they repeat those words to me a lot and to their classmates, esp. when stuff gets hard). Never give up. Encourage Others. Do Your Best.  It's stuck with me too.

I've got to be honest with you - my dear readers - whomever you are - this last week has been really hard.  Brutally hard on a couple of days...between physical illness and emotional turmoil and pressures of so many things weighing on me...I felt like giving up.  I felt like just saying you know what, I can't change and I can't really love myself into being different or achieving my goals.  I literally cried for two days and I had so much self-defeat inside my heart and my head.  I wanted to just give up.

Yet, my niece said something to me that made me think and think hard.  We were talking about talents and how everyone has different talents.  I was saying that painting really wasn't my talent, but I loved that it was hers!  She said my talent was "being positive and nice."  I wanted to cry.  I thought man, I'm a fraud, my sweet niece thinks of me as positive and nice and inside I don't like myself and worry all the time that I'm not nice, etc. etc.  I went on like that in my head for a while.

I snapped out of it. I said no, I won't stay here in this self-pity and self-doubt.  I am positive and I am nice! I will rise and continue to rise.  I started my week with a prayer with my good friend.  I started (again) being as positive as I could be with everyone around me.  I made the plan to do the acupuncture and really give that my all.  I have been listening to Tony Robbins (various things on YouTube) and getting motivated again.  I've also been using my Fit Bit and joining and creating challenges there to keep me motivated physically. I'm taking care of myself. 

That's why I started this blog - to document this journey and to keep myself accountable.  So I'm proud to say, I've shown myself a little love.  Amen to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment