Thursday, August 9, 2018

Acupuncture and Healing - Part 2

Back in February of 2017 I decided to get regular acupuncture treatment.  It has proven to be incredible for my health - both physically and mentally! Some of the benefits I felt from regular treatment:

1) Reduction in migraines.
2) Reduced stress.
3) Better digestion.
4) Better sleep.
5) Reduced anxiety.
6) Increased energy.
7) Mood uplifted.

Number 7 was huge for me.  I honestly feel and people can believe it or not, but I honestly feel it helped me to get control over depression and anxiety and maybe, just maybe "cure" the depression.  Yes, I have had an official diagnosis of depression, have been diagnosed and "re-diagnosed" throughout my entire life starting at about age 17.  I've seen countless therapists and even once or twice tried medications.  My last and final (and by far BEST) therapist suggested when I saw her back in January 2017 that I go to acupuncture.  She had gone herself and found incredible physical benefits and she thought that perhaps it could help me mentally.  She was right.  

At the beginning of this year, when we started back with the fertility doctor and went round and round with the insurance company, my mental state was pretty bad and kept getting worse every time we'd hit a road block.  I was feeling depressed again and more anxious than ever. I had a migraine at the end of May that was horrible and lasted two days - even with medication and another in June.  I thought I was cured of migraines because I had not had one since I started treatment in Feb. 2017. I had another one in July after my grandmother passed.  I took those migraines as a warning: I was getting overwhelmed again and needed more self-care.  I decided that it was time to go back for another round of treatments.  This time - it's once a week for 8 weeks.  I started when we got back from Florida in the end of July and I've been feeling awesome.  I think the effect is even greater now because I've been doing a lot of self-care and my spirit is lighter.

I recommend acupuncture for literally EVERYTHING (if acupuncture did infomercials they'd hire me - because I'm SO into it!)  Try it!  I'd suggest going on referral of a friend or someone you know who has had success with the practitioner.  I'd also suggest looking into reviews and meeting with them before you let any needles enter your body.  Just as you'd choose a good doctor, you don't want to trust just anyone with your health.  Hope you've found this helpful - if so - please feel free to comment or share!  


Here are my other blog posts about acupuncture:
http://saratate3.blogspot.com/2017/01/acupuncture-and-healing.html
http://saratate3.blogspot.com/2017/01/never-give-up.html
http://saratate3.blogspot.com/2017/02/a-road-to-healing.html
http://saratate3.blogspot.com/2017/02/progress-is-progress.html

No comments:

Post a Comment