Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Taking the Next Step in My Writing Journey




I'm super excited because I signed up for a workshop on freelance writing:  The Nuts and Bolts of Freelance Writing.  It's next Saturday and I'm really ready!  I'm ready to learn new things and to hear from someone doing what I want to do and get all the knowledge I can about my new venture!  The best thing about this is I said to my husband just last week:  I really want to take a class, not an online class, but a real live class with face-to-face interaction.  So today I was on Linked In and posting my last blog post (I try to post to all the media I have - Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest) and BAM - there it was - a freelance writer's workshop at the Visual Arts Center and it was only $35.00!  I signed up ASAP.  

I've been trying to do at least one thing every single day to move my writing career along and this is my next step.  I consider it a sign that I'm on the right track. I'm more open to my creativity and I'm more in tune and aware of opportunities.  I'm actively participating in making my dream come true!

I had a little voice in my head saying...just think if you'd started earlier, when you were younger, etc. I told that voice to shut up.  Not even politely either.  I didn't say, please be quiet or could you lower your voice...nope...told it boldly and loudly to SHUT UP!  I've been realizing that 1) You cannot change the past and 2) This is my path and perhaps I wasn't ready previously, maybe there were things I needed to go through or experience to get prepared for this road.  I'm not going to question - I'm going with the flow and I'm ecstatic to take the next step, and the next, and the next.  Onward and upward!!  


Check out the Visual Arts Center: https://www.visarts.org/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment