Friday, August 3, 2018

Love Yourself Where You Are

This was me last month - wind in my hair - no make up -riding with the top down - HAPPY!
I'm writing today for me and for anyone else who reads it - who needs a pick-me-up and a reminder that YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH JUST THE WAY YOU ARE!  You don't need to lose 15 lbs to love your body.  You don't need a brand new home, car, or any other material possession to call yourself successful.  You don't need the next best job or career or *ahem* publishing deal to know that you have talent and skills that are unique to you.  You don't need a spouse/significant other to be loved. Love yourself where you are.  Yes, work towards goals and health and wealth and whatever else you desire - don't give up on any of that - but know this one thing - YOU ARE WORTHY just the way you are.  Right now, take a deep breathe and you know what, just say it out loud - it might make you feel better.  It's worth a shot.

I had an inspiring thought this morning as I was writing after meditation. I was writing down my limiting beliefs - the negativity just flowed out of me.  I was not surprised because I've had a lot of negative self-talk in life and I've played the low light reel of my life many a time in my head.  BUT I stopped mid-way and I began actively and vehemently crossing it off the page.  I started scribbling them out.  I said - NO - out loud - not going there.  I refuse.  I turned the page.  I began writing all the positive things I know and believe to be true.  I began writing, I am worthy, I am good, I am going to have all the desires of my heart, my life is good, etc. etc.  It was awesome!  It was FREEING.

I realized that every time over the past couple of weeks when I started to feel really low and down - it was because I was comparing myself to other people.  I was looking at my friends or even strangers who are at least ten years younger than me and thinking that I'm so old and I don't have what they have.  I'm too old to have a writing career - I should have started younger.  I'm too old to have a baby - I should have started younger.  I'm too this or that or whatever.  NOPE!  Not today and not ever again. I'm DONE with that.  I'm the age that I am and I'm at the place where I am due to choices and circumstances and I now know that I have everything I need inside of me and I just have to keep on tapping into that.  Keep on tapping into the part of me that survived and lead her to the place of thriving.  I've been on this journey to freedom a while - no doubt - but I'm ready now more than EVER to be happy.  

Stop comparing yourself to other people.  They have their life and you have yours.  Remember that social media is just their highlight reel...who knows what's real or fake and who cares!  Focus on you, gratitude and your own hope, dreams, aspirations, etc. and remember YOU ARE AWESOME just as you are.  Blessings and peace that passes all understanding to anyone who reads this!  

No comments:

Post a Comment