Friday, March 3, 2017

Taking Care of YOU!




I've been listening to a lot of Tony Robbins lately because I haven't had much time to read the book - and it's getting tough now - in terms of comprehension and it's requiring a certain level of focus that I just don't have.  However, listening to and from work or at night before I sleep or even while I fall asleep seems to be working for me right now.  I have been learning to love myself and so the best way to do that is to take care of yourself and listen to what your body, mind and soul are telling you that you need.

Here's what my mind and soul need right now - love and patience and slow down and it's ok if you don't eat an elephant in one BIG bite.  I've been giving myself permission to make progress, even if it's a baby step, I tell myself, it's a baby step in the right direction.  Progress is progress (see one of my previous posts) and so instead of getting down or discouraged and thinking every goal must be accomplished right now or else - I've been telling myself - every step toward the goal is progress and is good. Therefore, if all I can do right now is listen to Robbins and apply some of the principals or even just one and work steadily toward it - then that is great!  The old cliche is true - Rome was not built in a day. Put the energy toward the goal, not into complaining or worrying or fretting over what might happen or what is currently happening that's out of your control - focus on the result.

What my body needs is energy. One good way to to do this is exercise - which I must admit I've been slacking on.  Another thing that my body does need badly in order to even get energy to exercise - is  rest and so one way I've been getting better rest and more quality rest is listening to meditations and these are two of my favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KzrrgIpHa8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjxRLQlrY_U&t=2392s

Taking care of myself is often challenging because I am a giver and I am someone who really does take care of others well.  I am a wife and a teacher to 19 VERY NEEDY children (some as needy as 5 in 1) every single day.  It's challenging because I don't always make myself a priority and at the heart of the matter is I used to believe that I wasn't worthy of it or good enough for it.  That is changing.  That's the best progress.  I encourage you - you can only continue to give when you're well on the inside and out.   Take care of YOU - first.  It's not selfish - it's crucial.  





No comments:

Post a Comment