Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Fail



So much for positivity - I feel like I'm kinda in a stagnant place. I'm not giving in to full on depressed and negative mode, but honestly guys, I need a break through.  I need something to keep me going.  I haven't been taking my herbs or exercising - so yes, I have work to do.  The positivity worked for about 8 hours yesterday - amazingly - through work - then it fell off between traffic, late to an appointment, finding out someone I used to know died of cancer (a person my own age with small children) rude people, MONEY issues, etc.  On a positive note (ha) my husband did end up making it a great night by giving me extra TLC and taking me out to dinner! He also gave me a good pep talk to say - Babe - we got this, you and me, that's more than a lot people have and we're blessed beyond measure with all of our needs met and then some. (If I've never mentioned that he's a good guy - he's a good guy). A silver lining to what seemed like kind of a fail.  I said I'd follow up - so I am.  The good news is also that it did force me to be mindful - like when I started to say something negative - I rephrased it.  Example: So and So is so incompetent and clueless - instead I said, we really do have so many talented folks around us. Also, I noticed that I felt like the positive energy paid off because even though I was late to my appointment and they didn't have to take me, in fact I was going to reschedule, they did.  In a way I felt I was rewarded for my efforts to be positive all day, despite the many, many challenges of my current situations.

I keep hearing that many great people "failed" before they "succeeded"  - I think I'm about due for a big success.

Keep your head up - I say to myself and to anyone else out there struggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment