Saturday, March 25, 2017

Complaining



A friend of mine sent me a link to a YouTube video from a woman named Terry Savelle Foy - she's not necessarily my "cup of tea" so I'm not going to post the video here, feel free to look her up if you so desire.  Regardless of whether I might have been slightly offended by my friend sending me this (I mean what is this? A hint that I'm complaining too much?  That she's over my bitching about stuff I can't control or that I can control, but am afraid to act on. Maybe she's just tired of negativity from me and I'm a downer??) the truth is - she's right.  I do need to stop complaining because even I am over my own self and it's simply not solving my problem.  I'm not "talking it out" or "figuring it out through talk." There comes a time when you simply need to make a decision and follow through.  Act on it and be done.

Has this ever happened to you?  You get on the hamster wheel of worry, sadness, anxiety, over thinking, complaining, or all of the above?  You find yourself somewhat addicted to the wheel, so you never really get off, but you never solve your problem either.  You never find solutions or gain the ability to focus on the good and positive and propel yourself into a new place.  You simply stay going around and around.  Maybe you tell yourself, I need to talk about these things, this is how I deal with my feelings and this helps me gain clarity and figure out what to do.  

Maybe it does and maybe it doesn't.  After a while, if complaining and over thinking and what ever else it is you do (maybe you gossip or talk too much in general about things that don't really matter) becomes disruptive and perhaps even pushes others away, it's time to stop.  Are you addicted to the pain, the disruption, the drama? It's a cycle and it must be broken.  It can only be broken if you have the clarity to know it's a problem and the will/tools/skills/help to make it stop.  

Get. Off. The. Wheel.  One foot at a time.  Eventually, you'll be off it for good.  Just know this dear readers, whomever you might be, I'm speaking to myself too.

In the contents of the video that my friend sent me is a 30 day challenge.  30 day challenge to stop complaining (about anything - can't even say, oh I'm so tired, hungry, annoyed, over it, etc.)  and to keep a daily gratitude journal every day (you write down everything you are thankful for).   Challenge accepted.  

I'm going to keep you posted on how it's going.  Pray for me!  I hope you'll try the challenge too...what can it hurt?  And you might even find that you're happier!   Many blessings to you.




No comments:

Post a Comment