Saturday, April 22, 2017

Power Questions

This is a difficult journey - self-love. When you've spent a good majority of your life thinking deep, dark, negative stuff about yourself it's not going to change overnight.

I'm sharing what helps me along the way in hopes it will help you too. I remind myself that it's OK to use as many tools as necessary and to keep going.  I've been listening to and repeating morning affirmations and meditations and I picked up the Tony Robbins book, "Awaken The Giant Within" again and it's a slow go.  This is a book that requires thought and action and it's 500+ pages.  My giant is kinda hiding and semi-asleep right now. I'm working on waking her up, but seems there's always something holding her back.  Probably - no - definitely - fear.

I came across this in the reading last night:

Morning Power Questions - questions to ask yourself as you're beginning your day (and Robbins suggests if this is difficult, as it was for me this morning, you can add the word could - What could I be happy about, etc.)

1) What am I happy about in my life now?
2) What am I excited about in my life now?
3) What am I proud about in my life now?
4) What am I grateful about in my life now?
5) What am I enjoying most in my life now?
6) What am I committed to in my life now?
7) Who do I love?  Who loves me?

There are evening questions, too.

1) What have I given today?
2) What did I learn today?
3) How has today added to the quality of my life or how can I use today as an investment in my future?

His suggestion is to also ask yourself the morning questions again in the evening.

Robbins has made millions and I doubt he'll care that a little ole blogger like me is sharing his work, but to be clear, I didn't write these questions, he did.  They're taken directly from page 195 of his book.

I'm going to add these to my "I refuse to give up on me" tool kit.  Happy Saturday.





No comments:

Post a Comment