Saturday, April 1, 2017

National Poetry Month

I just read that April is "National Poetry Month" and Writer's Digest is doing a daily prompt (I follow on Twitter and found this out just now!)  HOW COOL IS THAT!?!  I love this idea.

Today's Prompt from Writer's Digest: 
"Write a reminiscing poem. In my mind, this means a poem that remembers something (a moment, a relationship, etc.). The poem could be kind of nostalgic or sharing lessons learned. But for those new to these challenges, you should know that I consider these prompts open to interpretation–so if you have another take, go for it."

So here's my attempt:

Remember how it feels
Every time you have to force yourself to
Make it through the day
Inside turmoil
Never again
I say.
Stop the madness
Cease the 
Endless hamster wheel!  Get free.

Have a Happy Saturday Everyone!  God Bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment