Thursday, March 22, 2018

People are Surprising

Got this sweet little gift today!

Just a quick follow-up to my post from yesterday! http://saratate3.blogspot.com/2018/03/people-are-disappointing.html   One, I'm feeling a tad bit better and managed to get to work today - thank God for a 2 hour snow delay!  Two, I found this sweet little gift and a card from a wonderful, good, and kind friend waiting for me in my box.  That made me smile.  It also reminded me that while people can truly be disappointing and will continue to be... people can also be surprising.  Every once in a while, people will surprise me and remind that I am truly loved and cared for. I had a couple of adorable notes from the kids saying they missed me and several walked in and said they were so glad I was back.  I also had one darling girl say, Mrs. Tate, I prayed for you and I prayed to Jesus that you'd be back and here you are!  That made me smile and melt a little on the inside. Even a couple of my teammates took care of my plans, checked in on me while I was at home, and popped in today to say, hey, glad you're o.k.  Of course, not to be forgotten or unappreciated is my family and esp. my husband - who are always there for me! God will remind you - if you're open and listening (even sometimes when you're not) - you are indeed, loved.  I wanted to remind you all too - that no matter how many folks out there disappoint - there are also those who will surprise in the best of ways.  I wanted to take a moment to show my gratitude for the little things and to say, I am truly blessed.  It's the moments of joy, peace, and comfort that keep us going through the moments of frustration, sadness, and disappointment.  Thanks be to God.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment