Thursday, May 18, 2017

Warning: There's a bad word in here, but it fits!



Image result for poop emoji
I must shift my focus to all the good things that are happening and that will happen.  I must shift my focus to what I can control and what is possible.  Whatever you focus on is what will be and what will consume you.  Be consumed by good, be focused on positive.  This is a MUST.  I keep saying it out in my head and out loud and I'm failing miserably...because  I'm burnt out ya'll.  Burnt. Out.

This was my day: out of favorite coffee, behind every jerk under the sun on the road, work was work (see "teacher at the end of the school year meme"), I ate three mini candy bars and a mini Reese's and six skittles and everyone in the fit bit challenge is beating me even though yesterday I was in first place and had lost three pounds, came home, hot, sweaty and tired, went to a seminar I was really looking forward to because it's about buying our future home, it was cancelled because the AC went out in the building we were suppose to meet at, to top it allll off I'm doing laundry (which I really hate) and the damn cat SHIT in my laundry....literally took a shit while looking right at me.  I'm standing there sorting laundry dreaming of when I'll have enough money to hire someone to do the laundry for me ... and I smell shit.  Wasn't sure at first if it was just the smell of shit ... like yeah right, unless I hit the lotto I'll be doing my own laundry for the rest of my life...or real shit.  Turns out - it was real shit.  What was best is that she buried it at the bottom of the pile so it had to be dug out and I kept praying to God that I didn't somehow step in it or touch it!  It was truly amaze balls.

Flip the script....my husband.  He took me out for a very good dinner (and relatively inexpensive too). He came in and dug through the clothes with me to find the shit and he cleaned it up. He loves me. Even when I'm screaming like a mad person at the top of my lungs that the cat just SHIT ON MY CLOTHES and I'm gonna kill her!!  Running around with dirty clothes in my hand, hair wild and red face and repeatedly saying, "I can't believe she shit on my clothes!  I can smell it, but I don't know where it is."

God bless my husband.  He's my saving grace most days.  He's the one thing on my dream board that has come true.  The one, beautiful, thing that is at the very center of my dream board with a big red heart around it.

Thank you Jesus.  Please let tomorrow be a better day.  Please help us ALL shift our focus to what is good, right and lovely in our lives.  Let us know that no matter how much shit we're in - figuratively or real - there's always a silver lining.  There's always a bright spot even if we have to squint to find it.  There is something good in every day, even if every day isn't good.

Amen and here's to the rest of the night being smooth and to my husband who is awesome and to a new morning, may God grant me another day to breathe and you too dear readers!  Love ya.


No comments:

Post a Comment